1. Soak rice vermicelli in cold water for 20 minutes
then place into boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
Rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
2. Place a sheet of rice paper on a plate.
Arrange lettuce, cucumber, carrot, mint leaves,
basil leaves, bean sprouts, chives and vermicelli on
the rice paper, along the edge closest to you.
3. Top with slices of pork and shrimps.
4. Fold the edge of the rice paper closest to you over
the filling. Then fold the left and right hand sides over
and roll the spring roll away from you to form a neat
5. Pour the boiling stock over the paper-thin meat,
turning it from raw to rare and releasing the scents
and flavours of the coriander, mint and chili.
6. Continue to make 7 more rolls.
Serve with peanut sauce or Hoisin sauce as a dip.